Wednesday 17 February 2010

TRU London time

 

      And so finally, its here.  TRU London 2 starts tomorrow.

I’m struggling to work out whether this is a really big deal, or not.  It sort of feels like it is, largely because a good proportion of the people I follow on Twitter have been tweeting about it, whether they’re attending or not.

And I am looking forward to the unconference experience, and hopefully learning a few things about recruitment too.  But what I’m really looking forward to is meeting more of the tweeters, and especially the bloggers, that I’ve been following over the last couple of years, and who I feel like I know well, even if we’ve never met.

Including, from the US:

And from the UK:

And Europe:

 

(The above are the people at TRU London I currently feel I know (some more than others) – I’m sure the list will change and grow significantly by the end of Friday!  And sorry to those I meant to add in, but have very temporarily forgotten!)

 

Anyway, going back to my point, I’m also aware, that for the large majority of the people I know, and given I guess that most of the ‘marketing’ for the event has been done via social media, TRU won’t be anything they’ve heard of, or ever will.  Which feels a bit strange.

So if you’ve not come across it, I’d encourage you to dip in, and see what it’s all about.  There are various ways to do this, including:

 

I’ll also be blogging at least once on both days.

So, see you at the event; here; on a podcast; or on the Twitter stream!

 

 

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking  - Training -  Writing
  • Strategy  -  Talent  -  Engagement  -  Change and OD
  • Contact  me to  create more  value for  your business
  • jon  [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com

.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steve! Thank you for the post! I´ve been following your podcast for a while but I was on a trip recently so I just arrived on you blog and saw that I missed the launch of TRU 2. Too bad! Well I think it will be something great, but only time will tell so let´s see!
    See you!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)